V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Still got a few weeks to go. If I want summer during the winter than I'll just head south..

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Fellas, he said it was STAYING lighter longer. As in the evening. He is correct. It has been staying lighter longer since Dec. 6. Total daylight hours don't start to get longer until the solstice on the 21st. He did not state that the day was getting longer.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,835 Posts
I don't.
He should have said "staying lighter later".
^^^What he said^^^

The difference is "longer" vs "later". The OP said "longer". That is not correct.

On the plus side: At least he's being optimistic, he's a real person, he's not from India, and he's not asking us what we think about V-Rods.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Not yet. It may stay light later but not longer. Although the sun sets later, it rises later too. We will have less daylight each day until the winter solstice on December 21. The daylength stays the same on the 22nd and the days get longer beggining the 23rd.
Doesn't all this depend on when you drag your ass out of bed?

·
Registered
10,707 Posts
I usually wake at dawn get up go take a leak lay back down get up go take a poop. Might as well make coffee.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
I do like my early mornings. Only time there's any peace and quiet.
Looking forward to the daylight taking a turn later this week. Still a long way to go.
Suns down by 3:55 here. Dark 15 minutes after that.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Fellas, he said it was STAYING lighter longer. As in the evening. He is correct. It has been staying lighter longer since Dec. 6. Total daylight hours don't start to get longer until the solstice on the 21st. He did not state that the day was getting longer.
Potato-potata, tomato-tomata

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I usually wake at dawn get up go take a leak lay back down get up go take a poop. Might as well make coffee.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Is that what it eventually comes down to? I'm retiring at the end of the month and I was curious what I would be in for.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts