V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if you guys could give some group riding tips?Like do's and don't ever... Or some things that you have seen that new group riders should be aware of.What is the biggest mistake that new group riders make? I'm sure that with all the miles you guys have you've probally seen some major screwups.
THANKS !!!! in advance

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
For someone that is just starting THIS might give you some idea.

The problem I see with it is that when someone screws up they don't come down on them hard enough, but I suppose everyone has their style.

The biggest problem I see with this sort of group ride, is that even relatively experienced riders get into sort of a sheep mentality of follow the leader, out of sheer boredom, but you have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The most common mistake I have observed by riders new to the group riding experience is following the bike in front of you too closely. This causes a "target" fixation. Pretty soon all you see is the bikes tail light...this does not leave you enough time to react. Most new group riders also lack sufficient skills such as counter steering, hazard avoidance, maintaining a visual horizon...I could go on. Take an advanced riders course and be wary of those that ride around you.

Black Mack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts