V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can ya give me a minute and tell me about your barnett clutch. Cost, model #, description, and what ya gained ,noticed ...lost?
Thanks. I just bought a kevlar extra plate kit and I am hoping that will be the extent of my needed improvements in hope of getting all my ponies to the ground. It was sliiping occasionally.
Thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've been using the HDP-11EK Extra-Plate Clutch Kit in the bike since 99 and personally have not noticed the difference. The bike was also a 883 at the time. The price was around the $130 mark if I can remember correctly. The only down side that I have found is that they tend to drag some causing the bike to still move a little when the clutch lever is pulled in. Other than that, no failure, no slipping.

One of the shops that I used to go to for parts drag races a Sportster. The company is called Red Racing in Boca Raton, Fl. They are using the stock Sportster clutch in the bike and have never had a failure with it. Or at least none that I know of.

I guess I seem 50/50 on this. Both are good but I do have to say the Barnett setup has not failed on me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts