V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley Hog,

Are there a lot of Harleys in the UK? I've been there twice and never saw one. (Of course it was raining most of the time I was there) Are the Harley's and their parts extremely expensive? I mean more so than what I pay here in the US? I'm curious. I've been out on some country roads with a collegue in his Volvo, and experienced white knuckles on the dashboard navigating between the hedgerows. Most of the time I spent in the UK was in Plymouth. It is quite beautiful. One problem though.......

You drive on the wrong side of the road!

Cheers

Fastlane

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Not many here as there are over your way or Europe, most of whats here tend to be kept indoors or the garage most of the time only being brought out in the summer.
Even so I can go all week riding and see maybe one or two, maybe. :rolleyes:

Probably get pasted by some lurkey members
over here for that remark. :D

Interesting Narrow roads though, never ceases to amuse me with white knuckle rides, or my underwear for that matter. :eek:

Only thing you have to remember is to keep between the hedges

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
fastlane304 said:
Are the Harley's and their parts extremely expensive? I mean more so than what I pay here in the US? I'm curious.
Fastlane
Click Here and type in an OEM number, you'll find out what we pay here for parts. :eek:

Click on product search first. Prices in UK sterling

G

·
> Interesting Narrow roads though

That's the dern truth ... I recall a few ohhhhmygawd moments in Wales driving a Mini (on the wrong side of the road, sitting in the wrong seat and shifting with the wrong hand) and seeing a big 'ol tour bus bearing down on me taking up 2/3 of the road... With the little roman stone walls on either side of the raod, nuttin to do but throw it in reverse and back up until you find a spot to get out of the way.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I was just over in London a few weeks ago and saw lots of bikes, but only 1 sportster :( Took a trip to Wals (I think that was it?) to check it out and wow, very pricey indeed! Even the T-Shirts (which were made in US) were 30 pounds a piece or about $45.00!:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts