V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found the forums a few weeks ago, and so far I've found a lot of great info here! I'm a female who will be 30 this month :( I've always been into motorcycles, in fact, I used to race motocross very heavily. I've always had a soft spot for Harleys, so I gave up the dirt bikes for my street bike. I just picked up my first big twin a couple of weeks ago: a 35th anniversary dyna super glide. I've had sportsters in the past, both the 883 and 1200 custom. I have the stage 1 kit with SEII slipons and a few chrome accessories added to the bike, even though I haven't been able to ride it yet! I still need to lower the bike, and change the handlebars. Hopefully, I'll find the info I need here for that ;) I am thinking of a mini ape bar, since the street bob was SO comfy for me. I hope to get to know all of ya, and maybe ride with ya someday!

Tara

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good folks here and as you've seen, much valuable info to be found. Sounds like you've got a lot of experience to share. Look forward to hearing from you.
PS Watch out for Smokey.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. your in the right forum for help on all you bike needs. welcome from Michigan.

good luck and waiting for spring also.

·
Iron Butt
559 Posts
:welcome: Tara. I'm sure you can find an answer to most any question you might have from the very knowledgable folks around here.
Ride safe and post often.
Steve.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Hello from Nashville

tarathatcher said:
I just found the forums a few weeks ago, and so far I've found a lot of great info here! I'm a female who will be 30 this month :( I've always been into motorcycles, in fact, I used to race motocross very heavily. I've always had a soft spot for Harleys, so I gave up the dirt bikes for my street bike. I just picked up my first big twin a couple of weeks ago: a 35th anniversary dyna super glide. I've had sportsters in the past, both the 883 and 1200 custom. I have the stage 1 kit with SEII slipons and a few chrome accessories added to the bike, even though I haven't been able to ride it yet! I still need to lower the bike, and change the handlebars. Hopefully, I'll find the info I need here for that ;) I am thinking of a mini ape bar, since the street bob was SO comfy for me. I hope to get to know all of ya, and maybe ride with ya someday!

Tara
It is always nice to see more women riding Harleys. Welcome to the board. Congratulations on the new bike. I see that you are already customising that ride. I changed out the bar on my Fatboy to a Carlini Beefy Bar. I love it. I think you will really like the Mini-Ape bar. The thing to remember is get a bar pre-drilled for internal wiring. That cleans up the front bars very nicely once installed. You can drill out 1 inch bars (most mechanics can do this if you think its too much to do at home), but the 1 1/4" has a nice beefy look and it is easier to run the wiring through them. I recommend checking out the Carlini Bars or Burly. You can check them out in a Drag Specialities catalog.

Once again, welcome to the board.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Tara:

You have a very nice bike.

Welcome to the forum of fine motorcycles and great folks who ride them.

Enjoy your time here and post you mind.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the 35th Anny Super Glide. I love them things. Post up often and enjoy.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
8-Ball said:
Hey Tara,

Always good to welcome a lady to the forum. This makes at least one that isn't mad at me.
Isn't mad at him yet, he meant to say!

Welcome Tara, and good riding. There sure are some pretty roads to ride out of the Cambridge area. Sounds like you have just the bike to do it on.

Safe riding!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts