V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have not been around the forum except for a couple of brief check in's since the death of my son in July. I have not even been on the bike until this past Sunday night. I came home from a late weekend day at the office and jumped on and went for a late night ride to a full harvest moon and crisp fall evening air. The smell of the fallen leaves and the final farm hay cuts is still lingering in my mind. Damn I needed that ride more then I realized! I have missed the old crew here and thought I would stop back in and say hello!

Hope everyone has been well and enjoyed the summer.

·
In disguise
2,759 Posts
Hey, Rick. Glad to see you're doing OK. Fall in Vermont--I can't imagine a prettier place to be....and ride.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Welcome back...really sorry to hear about your loss...the bike is cathartic to me, I'd have had to escape on it...

·
In the wind and Loving it
363 Posts
Welcome back

Rick,

Welcome back, sorry to hear about your son. Sometimes getting out for a ride brings me back to earth. It takes time sometimes.. Ride safe..

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
welcome (back) home

Glad to see your back, when I lost my wife I needed to ride even though it was february and cold, I found it very therapeutic. Hope it works for you. Best to you and your family.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Welcome back Rick....

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Hey glad to see you are back checking things out here. Look forward to more post's. Get some riding in while you can you know whats coming soon. Brrr

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
we can guess how hurt you were, glad to see you're getting better. feel free to ride down this-a-way.
Fred

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Welcome back, Rick. So sorry for your loss. Glad this place and its odd cast of characters helped get you through it.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Welcome back, Rick. I can't even approach imagining your loss. My sincerest condolences and best wishes for your continued healing.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Welcome back Rick,
Having lost a son myself, I know how you need a break once in a while without others. Nothing feels better.
Keep riding, you deserve it!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
So sorry for your loss Rick. I lost my wife to cancer last february and would have lost my mind as well, if it hadn't been for my bike and a few close friends. Nothing will ever be the same, but life goes on for those of us left behind. God bless.
Fred

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you folks are terriffic............Thanks for the well wishes....

This "Thank You" comes from my entire Family!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Glad you're back bud:welcome:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts