V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:2flips: :thumbsdn: :nunu: :finger:
I read that the new CEO of the Discovery Channel plans to dump all the motorcycle shows in favor of a more educational line up. No more Biker Build Off, no more nothin. I think American Chopper has 3 more years on their contract and then they're probably done too. This sucks!!!
We need a Motorcycle channel. 24/7 all motorcycles. Builds, Runs, Documentaries, Plant tours, Company histories, Rallies...
All that stuff, all the time, with reruns to fill the gaps if necessary!!!
Not fair, the wife gets a gazillion channels of house deco crap, I get nothing!!!:stupid:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It may be ratings related, but I thought the shows are popular as I hear people talking about them all the time. It could be the new CEO is a ***** boy and does not like motorcycles cause a biker beat the crap out of him when he was younger. I'm just guessing here.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
read it where

OK tell us where you read this information.

At www.discovery.com I find nothing that would indicate any base for your post. Check out the ownership and you'll find nothing indicating any such thoughts.

I'd say if anything they are going to add more channels of special interest. But I doubt there will be a motorcycle channel.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
FLSTCMIKE said:
I read that the new CEO of the Discovery Channel plans to dump all the motorcycle shows in favor of a more educational line up. No more Biker Build Off, no more nothin. I think American Chopper has 3 more years on their contract and then they're probably done too. This sucks!!!
We need a Motorcycle channel. 24/7 all motorcycles. Builds, Runs, Documentaries, Plant tours, Company histories, Rallies...
Not fair, the wife gets a gazillion channels of house deco crap, I get nothing!!!:stupid:

Have you considered dropping The Discovery Channel an email asking for clarification?

T113

·
Registered
256 Posts
nhsmitty said:
American Chopper blows!!

I'm all for motorcycle TV, but half the crap that's been on is just that, crap.

:xhere:
This reminds me of the discussion I had with the wife about why I liked the Three Stooges.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i hope it's not true...

i don't know if it's related or not, but i was talking to russell marlowe a couple weeks ago. he wasn't forthcoming with details, but he was talking about a show he did for discovery channel - he said it was more educational than shows like american chopper and biker build-off. he wouldn't say any more about his show. maybe discovery is trying to change the theme of the motorcycle shows they're airing.

it would definitely blow if they dropped motorcycle shows from their line up...

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
FLSTCMIKE said:
I agree completely....If they can have a channel devoted entirely to 24/7 golf coverage, we should have a motorcycle network.

I hope I get that V-twin TV brownjams is talking about.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It's about damn time! Discovery channel needed to do this a long time ago. American Chopper was never meant to start a motorcycle phenomina. It was about the explosive relationship between a father and son that work together. It morphed into a super show but it started the bike show thing. They absolutely need to get back to more shows that teach interesting things instead of bike build after bike build.
I also do agree though that they should have a channel devoted to nothing but motorcycles.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
The only decent thing that any of those shows did was expose the world to Indian Larry. He was a biker who just happen to bulid bikes. Not a bike builder who though he was a biker.
Despite his "fame" he was still a down to earth guy who would shake your hand and talk with you, without an appointment. He will be missed. RIP.
The link above for V-twin TV referenced the Speed channel as the network.
Hope it will be TLC instead.

·
Banned
2,502 Posts
brownjams said:
v twin tv is coming mid november. i think it'll be on tlc channel.
It starts Nov 15th on the Speed Channel...and will be on every Tuesday.

I don't care if OCC gets dropped..I do like the build off shows though..:mad:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
it is on the speed channel. november 29th. I do like watching these shows. american chopper got old quick with all the bytching. billy lanes show is him working on bikes at biker events on a open trailer. last night he worked on a bike with kendall johnson and others. the bike was at daytona and was for a military dude. they'll show others, it went to sturgis also.

·
Banned
2,502 Posts
brownjams said:
it is on the speed channel. november 29th. I do like watching these shows. american chopper got old quick with all the bytching. billy lanes show is him working on bikes at biker events on a open trailer. last night he worked on a bike with kendall johnson and others. the bike was at daytona and was for a military dude. they'll show others, it went to sturgis also.
Yup..I watched it last night..I liked Billy's trailer, damn thing had everything he needed.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Southern Steel on Discovery was my favorite but I doubt we'll ever see anymore of them since Gary Woodford died about a month ago or so. He made the show to me.

·
Premium Member
6,979 Posts
OCC was ok for a while, but it has worn out its welcome. I only wonder how long they can keep selling their stuff, as I think the whole thing is going to run out of steam with the mainstream. A relative small percentage stay passionate about things, but people in general don't, although I'm not so sure about the Japanese and the cowboy thing.

I visited a dealership last month that had a bunch of OCC clothing they were selling for half off just to get rid of it.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
brownjams said:
v twin tv is coming mid november. i think it'll be on tlc channel.
Speed Channel has a couple too...never fear...we won't soon be forgotten...or at least our wallets won't be...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts