V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capt., this is what followed me home last week. I told ya I'd post pics of the new to me Indian so here they is. Love this bike. Great ride quality and pretty snappy for +800 lbs., more oomph than my FLHP with the 103. And it has cruise control, great for the interstate.

Attachments

· Just Sayin'
2,537 Posts
Willy.........That's one sweet looking Indian. I really like the 2 tone paint on the tins. Congrats on the new scooter. :clap:

· Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the compliments fellers. Colors in my pics didn't come out too good. Google Indian Vintage Willow Green and Cream and you'll see way better pics and better color representation.

Yo Capt...… The bike is big, bigger and I'd guess maybe 50ish lbs. heavier than my '12 Road King. Lock to lock steering movement is less than the King, which makes maneuvering in the driveway and backing into the garage a tad more difficult than with the King. But overall it's a great ride. There's a road I often take on my way home that has a few nice sweeping curves to it. On the King I'm comfy taking those curves at 65-70. But I feel good taking the same curves with the ***** at +75 mph. It handles really nice. And as said in my original post it's got more ooph than my 103, at any speed/rpm, and way more comfortable suspension wise. Indian do-dads though are dam pricey, equal to or more so than Harley stuff. After market for Indians isn't as prevalent as HD either but new AM parts seem to be getting more available. 'Nuther thing, the front end is chrome from the factory, so are the switch housings. That's a nice touch. Paint quality and fit'n finish seem to be really good, as is the chrome. I read where the paint was soft on some of the 2014 models, that doesn't seem to be the case on the '15 that I have.

Anyways, if anyone wants to add a cruiser to their stable, Indian wouldn't be a bad choice at all %[email protected] :D

· Registered
3,602 Posts
sweet, Love the brown leather.

· Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is the seat all comfy like the Harley seat that most replace?
Seat is ok, not terrible, but not as comfy as the Mustang wide solo I have on my Road King. I might give MeanCity a call in the late fall to see about getting it shaped a bit, see if they can make it fit my old ars a little better.

· Registered
12,754 Posts
Seat is ok, not terrible, but not as comfy as the Mustang wide solo I have on my Road King. I might give MeanCity a call in the late fall to see about getting it shaped a bit, see if they can make it fit my old ars a little better.
Well I'm insanely jealous.lol. It would be better in red and white. Do they have those? I have thought about Indians, but also Vulcans. Does it have the 3 hole oil change? To me this is a pia.

· Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I'm insanely jealous.lol. It would be better in red and white. Do they have those? I have thought about Indians, but also Vulcans. Does it have the 3 hole oil change? To me this is a pia.
Yep they do, or did, have the red & white (actually the color is cream) but not sure if they have that combo on the 2018s. Nope, one hole only. Engine & trans use the same oil, and I guess clutch/primary too. I downloaded a service manual last nite and I have to go thru it and what's what. There's allot I'm curious about. Owner manual says it takes 5.5 quarts, one hole.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
I dont feel comfortable sharing transmission oil with my engine, a lot of gear teeth to lose metal and flush through the engine causing damage and possibly restricting oil flow. Kinds scary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.