V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bub, how do you like those cycle shack slip ons? Did you try them out without carb mods? I was wondering how they sound before I spent the money on them. My buddy works at a Harley dealer and he can get me a good deal on them. I'd like to hear any opinions on the mufflers from anyone who has them. Thanks.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
sheepboy said:
Hey Bub, how do you like those cycle shack slip ons? Did you try them out without carb mods? I was wondering how they sound before I spent the money on them. My buddy works at a Harley dealer and he can get me a good deal on them. I'd like to hear any opinions on the mufflers from anyone who has them. Thanks.
sheepboy,

I'm not using cycle shack slip ons right now but I think that you'll like them over the Screaming Eagle slip ons. Actually I think that Cycle Shack made the original Screaming Eagles for Harley, and they look identical to the original SEs. They are louder but a lot cheaper,,,,almost half the price.

Later,
FifthGear:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like the Cycle Shacks a lot.When I first put them on I didn't do anything to the carb and it seemed to run fine.I went ahead and added the Screamin Eagle air filter kit and a Yost power tube.This made a substancial difference.I have heard that the Arlen Ness Big Sucker air filter kit is better than the S.E.
Good Luck !!! :)

I almost forgot I gave $102.99 for my Cycle Shacks thru Dennis Kirk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts