V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name is Tyler. Proud owner of a '01 FXDL since early 2003. I started riding again in 2003 after several years of being without a bike or the time to ride. I bought my Lowrider with the cash I saved while in Iraq / Kuwait after I socked 10G in the bank for my Son's education. Not a lot to spend money on in the desert. I discovered the forum last year and have just recently returned as frequent V-Twin "Surfer".

Currently on Active Duty (Army) down at Fort Rucker AL in flight school for the AH-64D Apache. I was an Infantry Officer for over a decade before trading in the crossed rifles for Aviation. I'm lucky to be here as I am about 10 years older than the typical, new Army Aviator and was told "NO" by the Army (based on my age) no less than a few dozen times before I was able to push my way through the "exception to policy" process. Took well over a year just to finally get a "yes" on DoD Letterhead. Next to marrying my wife and having a kid this is the best thing I have ever done. Flight school is a challenge but is also extremely rewarding and fun - I can hadly believe I'm getting paid to learn how to fly. I'm thrilled for the opportunity and having the time of my life. That will change when I get deployed again but for now.....

L.A. (Lower Alabama) is a bike saturated area. I would guess that about 1 of 4 Soldiers in Aviation own a bike. There's 52 officers in the group I train with and 19 own bikes. We showed up in force at the Dothan AL Bike Rally this Saturday. Good times.

I have noted that A TON of the Instructor Pilots ride. If any of you are experienced Rotory Wing pilots (civilian or military) be great to know who you are so I can pick your brain.

Hey - Great Forum. Look forward to interacting with ya'll.

T

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
:welcome: Tyler! Glad you could join the VTF force. Bunch of class clowns, but a force none the less...

Ride (fly) safe,

Carrie

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Howdy!

:welcome: to our VTF ?prty:

As you've noticed lots of great folks and good info around here, post early and often. Congrats on the bike, My first H-D was a FXDLI served me well until I upgraded to my Glide. Looking forward to seeing you around the place.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
First and foremost I want to say thank you for serving our great nation. Men and women like you don't often get the thanks you deserve.

:welcome: to the forums. Post up often and enjoy.

When you pass flight school can I go for a ride in the Apache? hehe :)

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Thanks for you service!!! {salute( Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts