V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend of mine (John) and his wife was in a motorcycle accident a few months ago. A car had pulled out in front of them and stopped in the middle of the road after realizing they had just made a mistake. Things would have been fine if the car just kept going. John had enough time to tell his wife to hold on and that he was laying the bike over. Once the bike was on its left side, wife let go of him and skidded down the road. John on the other had stayed on the bike and met the car that pulled out in front of him. Both John and his wife are ok. The wife had some burns on her leg from sliding and John had some burns, a broken left leg and some minor cuts and bruises. The bike was declared totaled and now he is out shopping for a fatboy. The cool thing about this story, is that the car, that pulled out in front of him, happens to be owned by a somewhat famous person. Gospel singer, Sandy Patty. Sandy wasn't driving, but her daughter was. Little ironic, but GOD was with him. In spirit and money.:D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Glad the folks are ok.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good Deal....... sounds like everyone was lucky.

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
I'm glad your friends are alright but God??? If "God" wanted him to have some money why didn't he just have Bill Gates cut him a check? Why send one of his minions in a car to fuk with his life? Some God. Thanks but I'll get my money the way I always do - by marrying rich women

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
ftby24 said:
John had enough time to tell his wife to hold on and that he was laying the bike over. Once the bike was on its left side, wife let go of him and skidded down the road. John on the other had stayed on the bike and met the car that pulled out in front of him. Both John and his wife are ok. The wife had some burns on her leg from sliding and John had some burns, a broken left leg and some minor cuts and bruises.
I don't know about "ok" as those broken leg's and rasberry's can hurt (especially the broken bones). Glad to hear that they are still alive and will heal fine ;)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Glad they're ok - glad he had enough experience to lay her down (the bike). All my best.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Glad some of these stories turn out OK. I was going through an intersection two years ago and the 17 year old kid from the other direction decided his need to get accross was greater than my need to go through. Ever seen what damage a 91 FLHS can do to a 90 Merc Cougar. Totalled the bike and the car, and Im still pulling glass from my face. Ever so grateful to still be riding!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts