V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to eliminate brake caliper on right side of my '02 Road Glide. Can I use a Heritage lower leg? If so, are all years the same?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, Thanks for the reply, and the link. If the Heritage legs will work, I guess I should use both sides so that they look the same.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
no, they will not work. Softails use 3/4" axle vs 1" axle on the baggers...

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Most people just grind the leg's caliper mount off & rechrome it or go big time & use Perse legs ($$$), the fender mount is also in the wrong place on the softail legs. Also dont forget the front master cylinder is different too. 11/16 on bagger for dual disk and 9/16 for softail/single. Before you do this...go ride a buddies softail with the single disc and see if you like how it stops, then go back to your bagger and try that. If you're building a show bike i'd say do it, but if it's a daily rider i'd screw the aesthetics and leave it alone....
Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK... I guess I'll have to rethink this. Was hoping to do it this way to avoid the work of cleaning up the stocker, and I definitely don't want to go chrome.
As far as the braking power, I am going to upgrade the left side with Brembo, so that will hopefully compensate for the loss on the right side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts