V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just Wanna Ride
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? I'm getting ready to replace the stock (stainless) fork front panel on my heritage with a chrome one. Bike is an 05. Have the manual, the job looks pretty straight forward. Gotta disconnect and remove the front headlight assembly. What's not clear to me in the manual is the electrical connector location to for this. Is it behind the front panel, under the fuel tank, all the way back under the seat, or someplace else? Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
944 Posts
Your supposed to lift the gas tank to get at the wire connector. About all I know as my service manual is on order.. BUT, I was told to have as little fuel in the tank to make it easier..
Not sure if you can just unbolt the front tank bolt and lift it up or if you need to take off the seat, rear tank bolt, AND the front bolt..

·
onemorethatsit
69 Posts
Yup, the light connector is under the tank, I did the panel on mine. I ended up emptying the tank as much as possible and cut the crossover and plugged it with bolts. Not a hard job just a bit of a pain.
JP

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I'm doing a chrome front end on mine and am at that same point. You're right, there isn't anything specific in the manual about where the connector is, but I found a section near the back about replacing the passing lights and it said to unbolt the gas tank and slide it back to get to the connector. IOW, remove the seat, unbolt the front and back of the tank and slide it back. Apparently you don't need to cut the cross-over or drain it (although I would to make it lighter...drain it from the filler using a syphon hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts