V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own a Harley once you are hooked for life! Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm 56 and I've ridden bikes off and on most of my life. I've owned a Kaw, 2 Hondas, and a BSA. Three years ago I bought my first Harley an 85 Sporty. I only had it a year because it was just to small for me so I sold it and bought a Honda 1100 Shadow ... big mistake! I hated the bike. Sounded to raspy and handled poorly. I sold it three weeks ago and bought a 99 FXST ... I'm in love! My only problem with the bike is I can't get off the darned thing. This forum is great but what's the little icons for?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
davewilliams9,

It appears that you meeting up with that FXST turned out to be a good

thing!!!

Welcome to the site. Enjoy your ride and let us hear from you again.

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
davewilliams9 said:
Own a Harley once you are hooked for life! <snip> My only problem with the bike is I can't get off the darned thing. This forum is great but what's the little icons for?
Which little icons, Dave?:D

Just kidding!:cool:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Those little icons are called 'smilies' and they are there to have fun with when you're not riding. Welcome to the forum and watch your mailbox closely for the "JimmyK Welcoming Pack". It's not much of nothing, but it's the thought that counts!:p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome

Hi Dave, I am new to this site also. The Chat site is used in the evening about 8 central time. Stop by and post in the pics so we can see your bike.
Later the Bud

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Dave. Enjoy that softail. One thing you should know right off the bat...we don't tolerate foul language here so quit sayin' "darn" dammit!
Sheepboy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts