V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok folks, time to say hi here to everyone and intro myself. been lurking for a while and posted on a few threads here already, better tell you a little about me.
came to ozzie 5 years ago with the bike and my doberman lurch, met some nice folks on the road. this place rocks, been riding since'71 and weather here means i can ride ALL YEAR ROUND, never done that before. everyday scoot is a 92 boy, you know, the green and white one, bought new in the crate in nz and been by my side ever since.
also got a 70 bonnie in bits i used to ride in the '80s, and latest buy is a 67norton desert sled, ya know the one, atlas mill, matchy frame, roadholder forks and THE SEXIEST gas tank ever made.
just had my 50th on the weekend (thanx for the email dennis) and was thinking back to when the parents said 'you'll get a bike over my dead body', and still riding 35 years on, some things your mum just doesn't have a clue about.
do pretty much all my own work on the harley, but when i need a hand, there are some fairly knowledgeable folk around here. last repair was a broken shifter return spring, so now i know the difference between a triumph and hawg box. needed the local wrench to set me right on that one.
anyway, looks like i've found myself a great family here at v-twin, so if you can all put up with my rantings, i'll have a great time here laughing and learning. i'll try not to offend but hey, we're talking mo'cycles here and EVERONE'S right ALL the time !!!
see ya all on the net, johnny

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Oz sounds like a nice place to live. Been wanting to go there form many years, but haven't done it yet. Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts