V-Twin Forum banner

921 - 940 of 950 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
This is a guy who buys, fixes and sells. I bought one from him and sold it a few months later. It was the most uncomfortable bike I ever had the displeasure to ride. I bought it for my son and that bike might be the reason he is getting back surgery. I have a friend who bought one just like it for a lot less, but I let it be his surprise.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Wonder why it was uncomfortable... Me and the Bitter half rode the FXRS again the other day.. She will Not likely Ride anything else for any distance..

·
Registered
17,337 Posts
Wonder why it was uncomfortable... Me and the Bitter half rode the FXRS again the other day.. She will Not likely Ride anything else for any distance..
Like any bike, comfort comes from set up for the rider. I've done 300-350 on my FXRS with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Like any bike, comfort comes from set up for the rider. I've done 300-350 on my FXRS with no problems.

Got to admit... Been a couple years since we went that far in a sitting... Then, it was with the FLHT
Buck and a half is it for the FXR's
Now the Hack??? Last summer we did 500 No Sweat..
This Gettin old, ... can be for pussies!!!!

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
The one I bought my son wasn't a fxr, sht I would buy one for me first. See what happens.

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
The one I bought my son wasn't a fxr, sht I would buy one for me first. See what happens.

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
Cap, where'd you get that stutter?

joe
I have a question, supposin someone offered you a fxr for what they paid for it and you been feeling poorly and haven't been riding anytime soon and the bike you do have is a bit dusty and would have to build a dry garage for it and you been driving your Jeep instead of riding and don't know whether you ever going to ride again would you buy it anyway?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I have a question, supposin someone offered you a fxr for what they paid for it and you been feeling poorly and haven't been riding anytime soon and the bike you do have is a bit dusty and would have to build a dry garage for it and you been driving your Jeep instead of riding and don't know whether you ever going to ride again would you buy it anyway?

Odd Question... If it is a nice FXR, and they Did Not Overpay.. I would Probably Own it.. I Will ride it tho.
and I have a barn... fairly Full of "Stuff", ... but not Outside storage..
BTW Rode the FXRS just last week... hope to ride it again... pending "Indian Summer"

Better answer... was I in exactly that scenario...and assuming I like my bike I Did Have, Like The FXWG, ... even Dusty, ... I would Pass... If I ain't gonna ride the FXR....I do Not need it in Storage, especially Storage that I need to Build/Buy

·
Registered
17,337 Posts
Logic says if you're not riding it, don't buy it.

I'm sort of a logical person. That's why I sold my shovel. It sat up for 2 yrs while I was busy changing shitty diapers. Rather than watch it rust, I sold it to somebody that would ride it.

Reactions: Racepres

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,732 Posts

I would not. Unless it was to flip it, and even that's iffy.

joe

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
I would not. Unless it was to flip it, and even that's iffy.

joe
That is how I look at it. I do ride my foreign bike occasionally and don't get me wrong I admire the fxr's tremendously. If this offer came about in 2010 I probably would have never talked about a heritage.

Sent from a neverbee

·
Registered
12,008 Posts

I'm sort of a logical person. That's why I sold my shovel. It sat up for 2 yrs while I was busy changing shitty diapers. Rather than watch it rust, I sold it to somebody that would ride it.

Many wise people here, hey the 3 wise men and its near Christmas too.lol Remember the black foot in that Adam Sandler movie? Well that is how my left foot feels and it's kind of a weird can't feel the floorboard type thing. Idk how to describe the feeling I can feel my heel and little toe. I could stand on one foot on a bed of nails. Well not really I am too fat to get up there.

·
Registered
12,008 Posts

Many wise people here, hey the 3 wise men and its near Christmas too.lol Remember the black foot in that Adam Sandler movie? Well that is how my left foot feels and it's kind of a weird can't feel the floorboard type thing. Idk how to describe the feeling I can feel my heel and little toe. I could stand on one foot on a bed of nails. Well not really I am too fat to get up there.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts

Jeeze... So Many Visuals... Gonna be a long Day.. I'm hoping the "Black Foot" was an American Indian!!!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Not one, but 3 FXR's listed locally in CL today.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

That first one... nice. I wonder how many stock FXR's he would trade it for? haha!
The second one is nice but not my style.
Third one sounds like a solid/good project. One owner, low miles.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
That first one... nice. I wonder how many stock FXR's he would trade it for? haha!
The second one is nice but not my style.
Third one sounds like a solid/good project. One owner, low miles.
Yea.. I don't understanding the expectation that the next owner will pay for the first owners Experiments!!!
Dreamers...except the 3rd ad.. but there...Must be "Dig yer Eyes out Ugly" if ya won't even show a picture!!!!

Edit; "it has been sitting in the weather for a year or so"
Yikes... cant even afford a Harbor Freight Tarp!!!!!

·
Registered
17,337 Posts
Edit; "it has been sitting in the weather for a year or so"
Yikes... cant even afford a Harbor Freight Tarp!!!!!
That's exactly how I bought my FXR. PO layed it down running 70. Then it sat outside for a year. That was 4-5 yrs ago. And it's still a riding project.

Reactions: Racepres

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

Wow, these bikes are pricey... first is nice but way out of my range, second needs to much rework to be worth it and third is no longer posted...

Maybe someday I'll get one... but not one of these.

921 - 940 of 950 Posts