V-Twin Forum banner

901 - 920 of 950 Posts

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
An FXST does not an FXR make.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Well I hear fxs mentioned here a lot. I hesitated to put it in the for sale, because I am not the owner. He said he would take less within reason. Maybe one of the astute members who lurk here would want it.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,337 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
A clean FXRD, fairly original except for pipe and painted fork lowers. Detailed video too. This guy runs a pretty decent motorcycle museum in a renovated mill building, worth a visit if you're near CT.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
A clean FXRD, fairly original except for pipe and painted fork lowers. Detailed video too. This guy runs a pretty decent motorcycle museum in a renovated mill building, worth a visit if you're near CT.
I'd sure like to have those saddlebags.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd sure like to have those saddlebags.
Yes, nice bags, but either they are re-painted or from FXRT (missing that "Grand Touring Edition" -text). Overall nice FXRD, should also have those lower parts of fairing (not optional in FXRD). (EDIT: sensored that last part, not sure if they really were just optional)

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Yes, nice bags, but either they are re-painted or from FXRT (missing that "Grand Touring Edition" -text). Overall nice FXRD, should also have those lower parts of fairing (not optional in FXRD). (EDIT: sensored that last part, not sure if they really were just optional)
Good catch Arto! They are not correct for that year and model. Starting in 1986 the contrasting color stripe on the bags was across the side, and had a different sticker. Here's a pic from the FXRD brochure (also note that the fairing lowers were an add-on item and not part of the standard bike):

Here's a bad photo of a FXRD in the maroon/slate grey color scheme with the correct bags:

The bags on the eBay bike match the 1985 pattern, with the stripe across the top and the "FXR Touring" sticker. Here's a picture from the 1985 accessory catalog that had one on the cover:

I like the 1985 color combination better, but I'm biased because my FXRT is a 1985 model and it's crying out for a set of original bags:

·
In disguise
2,805 Posts
Okay, that’s cool.

Reactions: Racepres

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
^^^ Damn Proud of that '86!!!! I had no idea this stuff was getting That Expensive!!!!
Who wants a 1986 FXWG..?? Yea 4 speed Evo with Kicker....

LOL
No FXRs leavin this farm....

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
^^^ Damn Proud of that '86!!!! I had no idea this stuff was getting That Expensive!!!!
Who wants a 1986 FXWG..?? Yea 4 speed Evo with Kicker....

LOL
No FXRs leavin this farm....
This is a guy who buys, fixes and sells. I bought one from him and sold it a few months later. It was the most uncomfortable bike I ever had the displeasure to ride. I bought it for my son and that bike might be the reason he is getting back surgery. I have a friend who bought one just like it for a lot less, but I let it be his surprise.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

901 - 920 of 950 Posts