V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 848 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Red rims are atrocious. The red pushrod covers are pretty gaudy aswell. But seems pretty clean.
You beat me to it,
But the bike does look clean

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually like the red wheels. Of course, black would be better.

The pushrod tubes, not so much. Easy fix.

The bike itself looks like it's in real good shape. Wish I wasn't broke.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
^^
Dreamer!!!
When ya build some crap that only you like...Only you would buy it...Cannot expect to get anything at all for it..Even if it was as it was when he paid a premium for it...he would be lucky to move it if he wouldn't have touched it!!!

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Wow, that shovel is a beauty!!! Obviously a doctored photo, though. There is no oil spot on the ground. :redrolf::roflback:
Want a neat trick? Of course you have to be able to run to pull it off. Get a used antihistamine bottle and fill with olive oil. When you and your buddy are parked somewhere and he isn't looking pour out a small amount under his engine. When he is looking say whats that. Dab your finger in the oil and say it smells like olive oil. Get ready to run.lol.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Here is a '85 my indy (Morgan) was working on. It has like 19500 mi. He said that color (shade of orange) was only in '85. Fairly stock.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I thought only the "numbered" or "special" bikes were that color then!
Can't recall to "occasion", birthday, or Event of some kind...But a Friend has One of them!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hillcat that would be an '85 "Candyglide" and would have also had a tan seat. I thought they were numbered too, is it? Anyhow, it looks real clean, is this your second FXR?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hillcat that would be an '85 "Candyglide" and would have also had a tan seat. I thought they were numbered too, is it? Anyhow, it looks real clean, is this your second FXR?
No, not mine. I can barely afford one.I am the opposite of a RUB, I guess more like a PCB.
It's a customers. His ignition was a melted puddle. Not sure if it's numbered, I could check. My indy said as a rule new things (like this paint) tried by MOCO were introduced on the FXR's first and then onto other models.
I just found it kind of strange that it had less than 20K mi. and is 32 y.o.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Here is a '85 my indy (Morgan) was working on. It has like 19500 mi. He said that color (shade of orange) was only in '85. Fairly stock.
That's an 85 FXRC. The original brown seats have been swapped out for black ones. It was the first FXR to have color matched side covers and the second model to have chrome covers on lots of engine parts (first one was the 84 Disc Glide). The front fender was adapted from the XR-1000. The paint was unique to this model, and they supposedly made 1,075 of them (and numbered them). Nice bike.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Wow, that shovel is a beauty!!! Obviously a doctored photo, though. There is no oil spot on the ground. :redrolf::roflback:
Actually, that is not a photoshopped picture. I know the guy that owns this bike and it really is that clean. Kinda surprised to see it up for sale although he does go through a lot of bikes.

·
Registered
578 Posts
That one is really sweet, i was immediately thinking "oh if that one would be on my side of the ocean" when i saw the auction first time, then looked every day.
The pictures are very well made too.

Was actually supposed to end that weekend, last bid i saw was 9100, but obviously someone bought it for a fixed price now.
I had always seen it in Owtlaw`s avatar on here, but didn`t know his ride is so fresh and nice. Would kill for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Harley-Davidson-FXR-/152671228980?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=GaCPiwRqUNCXFhVEOmvStp0w8Iw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

1 - 20 of 848 Posts