V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I log a lot of miles when we travel and have run into dealerships that go out of their way to help you and some that don't deserve to hang the "Bar and Shield" logo on their wall.

Good:

HD of Fredrick, Maryland - I laid my '98 Ultra down about two blocks from their shop. The service manager sent my wife and I to a mom & pop restaurant for coffee while the bent up parts were tweaked so we could ride. Two hours later we were on the road (at no charge) and wishes for a safe trip home.

Mt. Cheha HD Oxford, Alabama - Stopped in a pouring rain to warm up and enjoyed warm coffee and the friendly advise of roads to take to avoid some dangerous travel.

HD of San Antonio, Texas - Stopped for an oil change and enjoyed the friendly staff and ownership of this dealership. Hit the road from there with a bike that was cleaned for showroom display.

Phil Peterson HD Miami - Love running the Key West Poker Run and this dealership's staff is always pleasant and courteous with the thousands of riders that register.

Some Not So Good:

The new dealership in Daytona, Florida - Stopped at this dealership with a speedometer problem (wasn't working) on my '00 Ultra and was basically told to buzz off; they didn't have time to look at it. I stopped in Savannah HD later that day and it was taked care of. When Robison was the HD dealer in Daytona, a rider traveling through would have been helped.

HD of New Orleans, Gretna, Louisiana - These people treated us like we rode up on a Suzuki. Nuff said.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Great Falls MT. I was doing some touring after Sturgis 2000 and my tire was bald, I made it to their dealership 10 minutes after closing time. They stayed late changed my tire and did an oil change while I waited. I thought they were real nice and saved me from having to spend the nite there and I made it to my destination.

·
Registered
121 Posts
another not so good

Had an oil leak on a road trip in Bowling Green KY- no dealer and the indy didn't have the right parts- limp down to Nashville- had called them day before and let them know I was coming- told them up front I had a 107 S&S but a stock primary and tranny (leaky seal in primary)
Took them 6 hours to fix it- and the next day my bike dies in Huntsville AL- call dealer there and they come get me and take scoot to the shop- Boswells had run a bolt thru the stater and grounded out my entire charging system- when I called them to let them know what happened (500 bux later) somehow it became my fault for having my bike there with an S&S in it-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts