V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Other shots at "custom paint job" thread......
But here's a so so of my Titan.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've never personally been a huge fan of V-Rods, but I like the way yours looks in black. I like the way it makes the frame stand out. I may just become a Vrod fan before I know it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Polizzio
Great looking bike, black is beautiful!

Honkylips said:
I've never personally been a huge fan of V-Rods... I may just become a Vrod fan before I know it.
Just curious HL, what is it about the Vrod that doesn't work for you? Styling? engineering? silver on silver?

I'm currently in the process of replacing all the aluminum bodywork with carbon fiber pieces. Most of my friends say I'm making a big mistake and that the anodized aluminum is the signature of the Vrod. I'm just trying to separate myself from the herds of Vrods out here in Califunky.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Nice bike Polizzio. I've sworn up and down that I'm sticking with the Aluminum, but some of these black paint jobs i'm seeing are making me rethink the possibilities.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Nice bikes!
I really dig those upside down forks on your Titan.Those would look sweet on my V-rod!
Kaz..............

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
PSPEZ,

Its a fujifilm 2650 i bought at wal-mart today, 2 megapixel, 3x optical zoom, for $197 plus tax. I must say I'm impressed with it so far, I think I might just keep it. Pics above were not at its max resolution either, 1024x768. Max is 1600x1200. For $200 its pretty nice, software is like really easy to work with.

Thanks Kaz, pspez, Fugly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your bikes look OK, but what do you use on your lawn mower ___Tires? That 28th tooth pulley is getting closer, might be this week or next.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't tease me CATSASS, I'd give my left nut for a 28 tooth front drive pulley, and you know this............

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just curious HL, what is it about the Vrod that doesn't work for you? Styling? engineering? silver on silver?
Well, I'm kinda torn about the engine. On the one hand, I like the power and technology in it, but I'm kind of a traditionalist at the same time, so as much as I appreciate the engine, it's not the engine I'd want in my scoot.

I guess that's how I feel about the entire bike. It's a nice looking bike (the more customized ones I see, the more I like it), it has awesome power, but again, I kinda like the old standard. So don't get me wrong, I think the bike is a very well built, capable bike, and if I had enough money for four or five bikes, I'd probably buy one.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Honkylips
My riding buddies had the exact same attitude as yours towards the Vrod. They ride Softails and RKs mostly. Most of them had no desire to even sit on my bike.

A few weeks ago we all got bored and swapped bikes around. When they each finished with my rig the looks on their faces were priceless.

You need to take a Vrod for a little putt thru the toolies. Find one with a good pipe on it so it will sound more familiar to you. I doubt you'll be disappointed. No one else I know is. Try it, you’ll like it.

speed safely

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'll Be Danged......

This is the first time that -Big Black Coolant Line- looks good on a Rod......

Nice job.....

Hutch

·
Registered
413 Posts
rhauft said:
Honkylips
My riding buddies had the exact same attitude as yours towards the Vrod. They ride Softails and RKs mostly. Most of them had no desire to even sit on my bike.

A few weeks ago we all got bored and swapped bikes around. When they each finished with my rig the looks on their faces were priceless.

You need to take a Vrod for a little putt thru the toolies. Find one with a good pipe on it so it will sound more familiar to you. I doubt you'll be disappointed. No one else I know is. Try it, you’ll like it.

speed safely
I'm sure I'd love riding one. I also love riding a crotch rocket now and then for kicks, but for may day to day ride, I'll stick with my fatboy. Again, I've got nothing but admiration for the power/technology in the Vrod, but I'm a sucker for the old school.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
HL,
If I got another Harley, it would have to be a Fatboy. That has always been my favorite bike. When I finally decided to buy, I originally had my heart set on a 02 FLSTFI. I still lust for one parked next to my Vrod.
How bout posting a couple pics of that bad boy?

speed safely

1 - 20 of 23 Posts