V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,i have a 93 fatboy,last time it was started was 2 weeks ago,i went to start it today.nothing,just clicks,the motor does not turn over,and the headlight has full power???

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...it normally takes more juice to start than burn the headlight. How old is the battery? Does the headlight dim, almost out when trying to start? Did you check to ensure connections are tight?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hogg831 said:
...it normally takes more juice to start than burn the headlight. How old is the battery? Does the headlight dim, almost out when trying to start? Did you check to ensure connections are tight?
ya the light dims...i guess it will need a new baterry,it started 20 mins later

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Nasty boy,
:welcome:
It is the battery. I have had the same thing happen. I did a two week road trip no problem, came home parked the bike, came out three days later, click, click, click. The battery just died that fast. I was glad it got me home.
Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice lookin' ride Dude!! I always thought that the best lookin' pipe for the fatboy was the thunderheader..

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Nice to see a good looking "93.
I ride a "93 Heritage. Not too many of us around with all the twinkies out there. I do have a "99 twinkie for me and the wife, but when its just me, the EVO rules.
Ride safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts