V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Twin Fan
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy four black V-Rod turn signals and mount them on my Night Train.

Does anyone know if the leads are long enough on the front signals of the VRod to reach on the Night Train?

Also, are the connectors used the same so that should they reach, I don't have to splice/solder?

Thanks,
Bret

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The VRSC signals are one piece plastic bodies and the integrated mounting post doesn't line up/fit too will on the softail fender struts. Putting them on the front is not going to work at all. The front VRSC signals are chrome and the same as yours, but mount up on the bars (like an FXST)

Electrically, everything should work for the rears, though the wires might be a tad bit short. the connectors are the same and so are the wire colors.

You would be better off powder coating a set of stock housings. Let me know if you need a pair or two, I have a bunch of scratched up chrome signal bodies here that would be suitable for refinishing.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
ok, thinking some more about it... the front signals on the VRSCD, Night Rod, are black and they are not plastic... you could put those on the front of your bike. Again, same wiring and colrs, but then you're still screwed for black rear signals.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
There is just enough room on the LP/tail light bracket to drill holes and mount them there instead of the struts. I've seen it done and it doesn't look too bad. :dunno:

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
You can upgrade to the new style billet turnsignals for your bike if you just like the look of the VRod signals. they are around 120 from the dealer

·
Twin Fan
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much for the replies, gentlemen!

I saw a VRSC with black turnsignals. I was thinking of getting four fronts and mounting them all the way around. I can get short studs from JP cycles for the rear and can use stock front mounts.

Do the new billet turn signals come in black? Are they bolt on?

I would be interested in checking out some blemished chrome housings Dr H that I can powder coat with my handy dandy new powder coater.

My bike came used with no signals so I am starting from scratch other than the front mounts. I am putting them under the control housings on the bars BTW.

At $48 a piece for the black VRSC units it seemed like a deal that will look good in black as opposed to $800 worth of Lazer Stars (the only other black signals I could find).

Any other suggestions welcome.

Many Thanks,
Bret

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
The new style billet lights do not come in black. I would locate a set of used billet style on ebay and powder coat

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
alaskan302 said:
The new style billet lights do not come in black. I would locate a set of used billet style on ebay and powder coat

billet signals? you mean the Deuce style signals that come on most of the bikes since '03?

I thought of another idea, that's MUCH cheaper... Chris Products has black chrome (black nickel) signals that are essentially indentical to the H-D Deuce signals, but only cost about $35-$40 a pair. The lenses are interchangable with the H-D lenses too. They come in front and rear types.

Like these: http://www.tecdist.com/Chris Products/chrisproducts.htm

edit: oh yeah... you're going to hate the way the signals look up on the handlebars... get some fork mounts. :)

·
Twin Fan
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is going to sound really dorky and Spinal Tap-ish but those are not black enough.

The VRSC black coating is perfect and matches the black control pods and will look good on the back.

If you have some or some chrome ones I can get cheap and powder coat I would really be interested in maybe trying that.

The leads on the VRSC front headlights are long enough, it sounds like, so I feel good now. That is how I was leaning.

Thanks a lot for your replies and assistance! Can you get the front VRSC signals (I saw rear ones on your site).

Bret

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
slo100 said:
This is going to sound really dorky and Spinal Tap-ish but those are not black enough.

The VRSC black coating is perfect and matches the black control pods and will look good on the back.

If you have some or some chrome ones I can get cheap and powder coat I would really be interested in maybe trying that.

The leads on the VRSC front headlights are long enough, it sounds like, so I feel good now. That is how I was leaning.

Thanks a lot for your replies and assistance! Can you get the front VRSC signals (I saw rear ones on your site).

Bret

I don't disagree... they're not very black ;) Thanks for the laugh with the Spinal Tap reference.

I could get the VRSCD front signals for you, but I think taking a pair of the scratched chrome ones I have and powder coating them semi-gloss black may be cheaper. The signals are already gutted, so after powder coating, you can just put your light insides into them.

If you want four of the blem signal housings, send me like $10.00 to cover shipping and I'll send them out to you. Let me know if you want fronts, rears, or a pair of each. If you're interested in getting them complete and setup with LEDs, perhaps I can get them powder coated reasonably cheap for you too... give me a call or email me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts