V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Having a hard time with a choice. Looking for unbiased opinions. Please help.

I have a 2004 FXDI. It’s in decent shape with 48k miles. Pretty new to me but seems ok mechanically. I haven’t torn anything apart to check just yet but intend to have a look at cam tensioners soon at least. Right now besides a few upgrades I’d do if I kept it it needs nothing.

Always wanted a Road Glide....it’s the bike I will end up with eventually even if I pass on this.

This guy (don’t know him) has a 2005 RoadGlide he wants to trade with me straight across. Bike runs well but is in rough condition. Needs a huge clean. Has 57k miles. Also hard bags are missing and the paint needs to be done at some point. Inner fairing is faded. Will eventually need a new seat and exhaust. I like working on things like this so some of it may be fun but I also know it’ll cost me. The bike is from the US (I am in Canada) but has recently been safety inspected so I know the major stuff is covered to make it rideable.

thoughts? Here are some pics of both.

View attachment 265871 View attachment 265872 View attachment 265871 View attachment 265872

·
Registered
16,586 Posts
I'd go with which ever has been maintained the best if it were me. The passing safety inspection tells you nothing mechanically.

I enjoy riding more than wrenching. That's why I have 2 bikes.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
Well I can't see the picture of the roadie, but your bike looks good except for the bars. Down thisaways tall handlebars knocks 2k off the price. If the roadie isn't clean on the outside it probably isn't too good on the inside.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts