V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for info on how to hook my speakers up on my 02 road glide. It came with the quick detach king tour pack and speakers. The speakers each have about a 4 inch plug coming out of them and the tour pack also has a little plug coming out of it for the lights. There is also one small plug sticking out from under my seat about 1 inch long. How do I connect these speakers and lights? Is there a special wire harness etc.?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
My best guess, by looking at a 2005 touring models parts book, is that if you had a wiring harness, part #70160-04A, you should be able to hook up the rear speakers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wire harness ouch

Just visited the local dealer and found out that since my RG is an 02 it probably does not have the rear speaker wire harness. Evidently some 02's came from the factory this way ans some did not. I was givin a price of $270 for the harness and told that I had to plug it in to the back of the deck (remove fairing) remove tank and run this harness on the backbone of the frame under the seat. This sucks as I am not incredibly mechanicly inclined and it kind of scares me plus That is a alot of money for a harness. Can anyone confirm this to be correct or is the dealer trying to sock it to me. I only briefly had my seat off since I just purchased the bike but I did find one small plug under there. I believe that it is a swithed 10 volt source powered by my ACC switch to power my lights on my quick detach. Is this correct? Can this be used for the speakers?

Does anyone have any better fixes or at least less expensive as the little lady wants speakers to!

Part of my justification to get the boss to let me buy this bike was the fact that it already had the quick detach tour pack and speakers that I would not have to buy them, and that she could jam along with me.

Any help would be appreciated!
Regards,
Q

1 - 4 of 4 Posts