V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked in the catalog and on line and came up with the following part numbers to mount a Tour-Pak to my 2006 Road Glide.

53804-06 Rear detachable docking kit
53276-04 Detachable tour-pak rack

Now the problem is the directions seems to refer to other needed kits etc such as kit 53803-06 front docking kit. The catalog makes it sound like it is all one kit:dunno: I just read it again and now think the 804 kit is for a rearward mounting point like for the two up tour-pak rack and the 803 is for the sissy bar and the solo tourback mount????? Can anyone tell me what I'll need? Thanks a bunch.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Tour Pak Rack 53804-06
Rear Docking Hardware 53733-05
Front Docking Hardware 53659-05 (mount located just behind the shock mount)

These numbers are from the '06 catalog. If you have the catalog, you'll need mount points 1 and 4 listed in the diagram.

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
53804-06 is a mounting kit, I have it in my hand now. The rack is part #53276-04.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
You also need to buy the lock kit, the wire extension kit, backrest pad, front & rear docking hardware.

I just installed a tourpak on a friends '05 Road Glide, and you must order everything seperate..........it's not all in one kit. If your parts guy is knowledgable.........he should be able to help you out and place one order.

Steve

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I know all the other things I need. I have them. My question is just about the mounting rack and docking kit.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
You have the right parts for the tour pak. If you want to mount a sissy bar you'll need the front kit. I'm almost done mounting mine, the instructions suck.

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dmac, thanks I thought I did but as you say the directions suck and had me second guessing myself.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
What about the antenna wires on an Ultra Classic?

I don't need either of them when the tour-pak is removed, so is there a quick disconnect kit for them also?

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts