V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Got the oppertunity to buy a set of worked over lightning heads for my sportster from a reputable machine shop at a good price. I told the owner my set up and what I wanted - 1200 conversion, and I have the 1200 conversion pistons 10:1 CR. He told me that when I got the heads, I would have 10:1 CR and could bolt them on, with my REV domes. Dont know if he was going to do something to the heads or what, but the shop is closed for a week and I need some info now.
How could he keep the CR at 10:1 with REV domes?

Also, are the Lightning heads the Buell version of the SE heads?

One more thing, I am a little worried about piston to valve clearances with the new heads, and I am not sure how to check it or whether I should be very concerned or not. No cams or anything in the bike (but would like to go bolt in though). Am I going to have a problem here?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Why must you have 10:1? Your fine with stock to mild cams. The only way rev dome going to give you 10:1 is if the T-stome heads where milled. I am not sure of the ##'s but I thought its like 10 cc differance. Now the T-storm heads do have a smaller chamber but I am not sure how much over the 1200 heads.

With stock T-storm heads flat tops are the way to go, a flat surface yealds better flame travel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts