V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a K&N HD-0800 element for my SE Air Cleaner on a 99 Ultra with MM EFI. Well guess what, it doesn’t fit. When I ordered it I didn’t stop to think about the difference between the MM and the Delphi fuel injection.
Attached are the pictures of the air filter I took off and a picture of the K&N filter. Also is a picture of the fuel injection mount for the air filter element. The elements are the same except for the 4 mounting holes vs 3 on he K&N.
Question is, can anyone help me with a part number for a replacement?
Thanks.

:chopper:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Can't come up w/ the number right now, but a lot of shops still have the SE K&N replacement filter units on the shelf for those.

Doc's in Saint Louis and Indy West did last time I was there...

·
Road Hawg
146 Posts
Why are you replacing it? If it came in the SE kit ( and looks like it did), it's a cloth filter and you can just clean it, and re-oil. They are supposed to be good for like a million miles, just clean them every 25K.

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
If all else fails you can always drill new mounting holes. I ordered the Twin camm 88 upgrade filter from Zipper's and they sent me the one for thier backplate instead of the SE one by mistake. It had different mounting holes, and that's what I did. Zipper's is going to send me some plugs for the old holes once they get some in stock, but I think those rubber tire plugs would probably work too.

Harley also carries a heavy rubber gasket for a few bucks for the top of the filter if you need that for an isolation standoff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts