V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new tire for my 2000 Fatboy. Everything on the rear end is stock. I put on a 150 tire instead of the stock 130. After doing so, I noticed that the tire is off center a little. I know Harley sells a wide tire kit, but that is something like $450. I am looking to get by a lot cheaper. I immediatley had to turn my fender strut bolts around so the flat side is in the wheel well so the tire does not rub on the bolts when I have a passenger. I can do things myself and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this issue. On the brake caliper side I am able to put my index finger between the tire and my fender but on the belt side the tire just barely goes inside the fender. By looking at it, it seems I need to move the tire approx. 1/4 inch to the brake caliper side. What I need to know is, what are the correct spacings for that and is it possible just to have the part of the brake caliper machined down that the axle goes through and then get the correct spacer to go between the rim and the rear belt pulley on the opposite side?

Any help in this matter would be appreciative.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts