V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with background on the H-D eBay seller from Elk River? See for example eBay listing #4599128017. Note, no description on any of the DWG for sale. Thanks.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Just looking at their feedback...they have some negative/neutral...might not be all their fault...i see some looked at the bike, then backed out after they won.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
I see a description. They are a legit HD dealer with a few stores but I haven't dealt with them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
They are certified Harley Dealer with stores in Elk River MN. , Elgin Illinois, Ames Iowa and Cherokee Iowa. ZYLSTRA HARLEY DAVIDSON

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live and work in Elk River, Zylstra has a reputation for being an expensive dealership to purchase a bike from. I believe they are honest and wouldn't screw you except for the price on the bike. As of recent they have been getting better about being more competive with other dealerships. Before I would buy from them, I would make sure to have all your ducks in a row and make sure there are no hidden costs. (as with any dealership) Other than that, good luck.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
alpineskiman said:
I would say go to st paul hd personally.
Or even better, Faribault HD, no markups there no matter the season.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Zylstra's Elk River

OneBlackFly said:
Can anyone help me with background on the H-D eBay seller from Elk River? See for example eBay listing #4599128017. Note, no description on any of the DWG for sale. Thanks.
The general consensus of those I know - Zylstra's - high priced, competent mechanically, honest, slow service department, unresponsive customer service.

·
Registered
32 Posts
HD Elk River

Have tried to deal on e-bay and in person and no deals there period!!!!The chick who handles the e-bay sales thinks her bikes are worth 2K more than a new one, ROTFFLMAO

·
Registered
838 Posts
Zylstra's in Elk River

It looks like the original poster is in Michigan, so you may not be aware that Elk River is just north of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Zylstra's (at least the one in Elk River) is NOTORIOUS for having their bikes rediculously over priced, usually by several thousand dollars. Just an example here, I recently checked on an Ultra there and they would not come down anywhere near MSRP on it and would not budge on freight and setup. Drove 30 miles or so south to Twin City's HD in Blaine and the sales manager (Kale Olson) was willing to sell me the same bike for $1000.00 under MSRP with NO charges for freight or setup.

When I bought my FLSTF in 2002, Zylstra's was by far the highest priced dealer out of eight of them I checked within 90 minutes of my house. They absolutely would not deal and lost a sale because of it. If they are pitching you a sale that sounds too good to be true then it is. I would have them fax you over a complete and signed purchase agreement so you can see the complete out the door price :bannedmf: . Friendly people there, but they have a huge reputation for the poorest prices in town.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Everything I've heard about them, from friends trying to deal with them, just confirms the negatives already expressed. Very overpriced, and unwilling to move. Must have to keep the inflated prices so they can afford all those full page ads in magazines like American Iron.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts