V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a 95" rebuild on my carbed 04 superglide.Threw in a set of andrews 37's too.Don't like the performance with the v&h big shots,poor dyno #'s.After alot of reading the cycle shack slip ons seem like they perform well and sound ok.Any opinions on which would perform best with the stock pipes and should I go with the 1 3/4 ,2 or 2 1/2?

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Not sure on which size you need, but the "M" series, tapered is the hot set up for performance with stock head pipes.

·
Livin' Free Indeed
1,052 Posts
You want the Cycle Shack M slip-ons, 1 3/4". I don't think your problem is with the pipes though. I've had both pipes on my '02 FXDL at 95" with 44 CV carb, 37G cams & head work & the Big Shot staggered pipes with the power chamber crossover.

The BSS pipes actually had a little higher peak #s than the CS slip-ons though they also had a little more of a rich AFR torque dip at around 2500 RPM or so. I posted dyno sheets a few years ago as I tried getting rid of the rich AFR dip with Thunder Monster baffles, didn't work. Overall they are decent 2-2 pipes. A friend has them on his SE 103" & that bike is a tq monster.

I tried the CSs just to see what they would do & since there wasn't much difference I just left them on & sold the BSSs to a neighbor.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You want the Cycle Shack M slip-ons, 1 3/4". I don't think your problem is with the pipes though. I've had both pipes on my '02 FXDL at 95" with 44 CV carb, 37G cams & head work & the Big Shot staggered pipes with the power chamber crossover.
My big shots have NO crossover pipe.That seems to be the problem,I'm hoping......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts