V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kit # is 60134-01.
This kit has the crossbar that provides mounting for the existing turn signals on 00-01 FXDX models. The crossbar has male, fine threads. The oem part # i have come up with for the turn signal is 68425-01. Will these in fact work??

The kit is being pulled off my 02 lowrider for use on my 06 dyna. The 06 dyna has a different thread pitch on the female threads of the turn signal so they wont work.

The more i research this the more confused i get. In the end, i might just helicoil my 06 turn signals to match the thread pitch

Please help me out if you know what i can do to make this set up work. I have searched here but get conflicting info

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
the dealer should be able to hook you up with the right P/N - but just in case, I'm using the same laydown plate you listed. Recently ordered a replacement rear turn signal and the P/N is 68425-01. This is the P/N that fits an 01 FXDX-T rear turn signal and I'm sure fits most other dyna's, not sure if it is the same as the 06. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch eod..please respond back when you get it to let me know if the threads are the same. Your crossbar is fine threaded-Correct??

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Sorry - should have been clearer, I have it installed already. Those two P/N's you listed are compatible (same size/thread). At home right now, tomorrow (I'm 14 hrs ahead of you) at work I'll get the size/pitch of the threads on the bar and post back if someone else hasn't already.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The thread pitch was different on my 2005 FXDI and the thread that came on the chrome bar that mounts through the layback licence plate.

I used the following on my 2005 FXDI:

HD Relocation Kit

Chris Products Turn Signals

Black Nickel Turn Signal w/ Amber Lens
Dennis Kirk Part Number: 211729
Manufacturer Part Number: 8501ABN
Price: $20.99 each

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
blueballs said:
Kit # is 60134-01.
This kit has the crossbar that provides mounting for the existing turn signals on 00-01 FXDX models. The crossbar has male, fine threads. The oem part # i have come up with for the turn signal is 68425-01. Will these in fact work??

The kit is being pulled off my 02 lowrider for use on my 06 dyna. The 06 dyna has a different thread pitch on the female threads of the turn signal so they wont work.

The more i research this the more confused i get. In the end, i might just helicoil my 06 turn signals to match the thread pitch

Please help me out if you know what i can do to make this set up work. I have searched here but get conflicting info

Thanks in advance
Ran in to the same thing and got the dealer to do a swap out for my rears with fronts. The fronts have a matching thread pattern.

HTH,
Chuck

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Blue - 5/16" x 24 is the bar size - sounds like at some point they changed the light housing thread on the dyna.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts