V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all:

my radio on my road glide just stopped working, can't find anything wrong with it. The speakers work, connected another radio to them, no problem there. The radio powers up, goes to what ever channel I want, you can see the volume going up and down on the display but nothing comes out of the speakers. Any ideas, I pulled the front fairing off, all connections look good, checked all of the fuses. Am I buying another radio?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ok couple things to do. One is to check to see if your bike has a speaker selection switch next to the ignition key (cant remember if the road glide has this). If you do have the switch be sure it is in the correct position. The other thing you can do is reset the radio. Now I do not have my manual with me so this will be somewhat trial and error for you. The steps are to start with the ignition turned off. Hold down two buttons on the radio (this is what I cant remember what two so you will have to experiment). With the two bottons held down turn on ignition. The radio screen will go to diagnostic mode. You cycle through the menu till you find reset and from there reset the radio.
These are the steps I would take from the start. With no luck after this then it is a more detailed senerio. One final note. Radio sound who makes the radio allows you to send it in for any repair for arround 100 dollars.

·
Registered
287 Posts
try a tape or CD. If they show working but no sound, could be volume control wires. How about antena connection?

What did you last do modifing anything else? If you added something like led's, start there.

·
424 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts