V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Does sound a little high, but if its truly mint and true mileage then it may not be a bad deal... I know of some bikes used with 10k on them that i would rather have than some dealers new bike... Some dealers around here keep them outside in the snow/salt/rain/damp weather until they are sold.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
New '06 in black is $15,395...one dealer in this area just had $2000 off = $13,395 + $800 frt/setup = $14,195.
IMO...too high

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
MSRP on an '06 is only $15,395 and you get a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty.
Shop around and you might even do better or get a grand in goodies added on at that price -2$en#e-

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Dave1200C said:
Just helping a bud out. Kelly Blu Book had a high price of $12,800
I wouldn't rely on Kelly Blue Book. It says my 03 Ultra has a trade in value of $11,720 with a retail value of $16.410. Talked to sales person today and she checked the NADA guide and said I have a trade in value of about $14.000 and said I would probably get more than that. I checked this 01 Standard on NADA and got a low retail of $8,050 and a high of $10,590 on an 01 standard. I had to use my zip code and just listed standard equipment so your price man be slightly different than what I got. Here is the NADA website.

http://www.nada.com/

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
"I wouldn't rely on Kelly Blue Book."

Agree. On HDs it is typically only good for loan officers and insurance companies so they can justify the rip off if it is stolen or totalled.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
TXCHOP said:
Does sound a little high, but if its truly mint and true mileage then it may not be a bad deal... I know of some bikes used with 10k on them that i would rather have than some dealers new bike... Some dealers around here keep them outside in the snow/salt/rain/damp weather until they are sold.
Except if you buy it, and put any miles at all on it, the value plummets to the avg values in a hurry.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
The Electra Glide Standard is a nice motorcycle. I would go and buy a new one since it appears that a person might make a good deal on one about now. There would not be all that much difference in price between the used one you mention and a new one. Plus you get two years unlim. mileage warranty and it even has a soft clutch nowadays.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
IMHO, in a word...YES! Too high, even for a dealer sale. It's WAY too high for a private party sale. @gree: If you're in the $13.5K range, get a new bike. Take a look at E-Bay and get a "feel" for what Electra Glides (all models) are going for. The advice you're getting on this site will be confirmed.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Thats too much $$$$ Also I wouldn't want a bike that has sat for that long. Too many things that rot from lack of use.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Y2K said:
Shop around and you might even do better or get a grand in goodies added on at that price -2$en#e-
just saw in the April Cycle Source that Zanotti's giving $1/cc in extras = $1450

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
13.5K miles on an 01????

Obviously owned by a homosexual. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Or a San dieoan :D :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought my 06' FLHT...$16k out the door, includes Advanced Stereo, Fairing Mirrors, Antenna kit, Badlander seat (all installed) and delivered to my house......$13k used???? Another 3k, 5yrs newer, warranty, etc... what would you do if you were buying?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BigChris said:
I just bought my 06' FLHT...$16k out the door, includes Advanced Stereo, Fairing Mirrors, Antenna kit, Badlander seat (all installed) and delivered to my house......$13k used???? Another 3k, 5yrs newer, warranty, etc... what would you do if you were buying?
My bad I didn't know it sold that cheap new. That's nuts!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts