V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have this problem ? I have a 48 Pan that when you turn on the ign switch the lights are bright and the bike is fine. After the bike is started the lights are on, I get it off idle and the lights just plain go out !!! When it's returned to idle, everythings just fine. Someone told me that it might be a bad battery. I already checked the ign switch and all the wiring on the bike and still no luck. Any way to test a battery that might have a loose plate that is shorting internally ? It was converted a long time ago to 12 v with a electronic regulator. Any help would be great as to what other things to look for ? I really don't want to buy a new battery near the end of the season and just let it set. The battery I have now is just over a year old. It's a kick start Sportster battery, not one of those little ones !!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
It dosen't sound like a battery problem to me. I had a similar problem last year on my scoot. When the rpms went up I had a hot wire to my headlight ground out up by the horn. I hope this helps. Nice to see another 48 out there post a few pics in the gallery if you get a chance. Good luck, ride safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts