V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,250 Posts
WTF

Is it just standard procedure now for newbs to come in with no intro and dig up zombie threads from 10+ years ago?
There must be no dates on the posts they quoted. How else could they miss seeing the last post was from years ago.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 02 I would
Wig wag and steady opperation can be done with a commercially available head light flasher unit from any one of the Emergency product suppliers. Each hot wire will get run to the flasher unit and then 2 switches, one for steady (high beam connection) and one for flash. If the high beam wire is on it automatically overides the flaser function. As long as your passing lamps arent "on" the lamps will flash when you flip the witch. You could run the emergency swicth so that the first position is flashing and the second overides it with the steady. Very simple mods. There is a 2 pin plug probably in the left side cover or by the battery that will have power in position 1 of the slide switch. That was intended to run the old pole light.
I have strobes in mine and find it very effective in demanding attention to your presence in a lane while at night. People snap to attention. I have it wired to the momentarry old siren enable line on the horn swich. I used the siren enable switch above it to run the passing lamps.

Always a good idea to get the police suppliment for the bike, gives you all the wire colors and locations as these bikes run a completely different harness than a civillian bike dose.

-S
man, this is super old, but I’d love any advice about making this happen on an 02 FXDP

·
Registered
2 Posts
If they changed the wiring on the lamps so its like the regular Road Kings, there is a switch located on the back of the headlight nacelle that controls the passing/pursuit lights. It should be in the up position to turn on the passing lights.
Looking for some mechanical advice. I have a 2002 FLHPI. The emergency switches are all still on the bike. The pursuit light switch activates the two passing lamps. I just got my bike out of storage and noticed the passing lamps are not working. I checked the fuse for these lights, which is also the same fuse for the brakes. It is not the problem, as the brakes work fine. The logical explanation is a disconnected/loose wire. I'm not the most mechanically inclined and do not have a service manual. Just looking for any suggestions on where to check and can this be done without interferring with other, unrelated mechanical functions? I took the switch housing cover off, but could not see the connections on the pursuit switch, as the turn signal was in the way. It looked like I had to move the throttle cable to get to it and I did not want to mess with that. I really don't want to take it in for service on this if it can be avoided. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
There is a small harness next to the headlight. This is usually installed when the bike is decommissioned. The wig/wag flasher is installed where that harness/jumper is installed. There are forums out there that can supply you with the schematic. Try to find the police one.

·
not sober all the time
5,473 Posts
Ole gman116 sure could have used that info 13 years ago when he started this thread! Better late than never I always say. 🍺

21 - 25 of 25 Posts