V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone. I have been searching all over for a part that rattled off this past weekend and my local dealer currently is not open because he is relocating to a new store.

OK, here it is. A jam nut that goes on the back side of my saddle bag lock (hard bags) has fallen off. It appears to be a 7mm fine thread. Believe it or not, this is item almost non-existant in and parts/hardware store. Does anyone know who the maufacture of these locks are? Even a part number from the parts catalog would help so I could order from another dealer.

Please help...

Chris

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Try doing a Google search on fasteners. You'll have to do some digging, and know what size you need.
I just had to get a chrome hex bold and stainless washer from the hardware store. This one has a good selection. I went in, said I wanted a chrome pan head 6mm by 1.0 pitch, 16mm long widget, and they had it.

·
This Space for Rent
57 Posts
HD_chris said:
Good afternoon everyone. I have been searching all over for a part that rattled off this past weekend and my local dealer currently is not open because he is relocating to a new store.

OK, here it is. A jam nut that goes on the back side of my saddle bag lock (hard bags) has fallen off. ? Even a part number from the parts catalog would help so I could order from another dealer.

Please help...

Chris
HD Part no from 08 touring parts catalog is 7586.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I found it. I had to drive 45 min to the dealer to find a stupid jam nut....

Thanks for you help with the part number KR70657.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts