V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Ive got a big problem but first a little history Ive got 1997 FLSTF This bike had been missing really bad, back firing out of the rear jug sounds like it is running off of one cylinder with the other one intermittently firing you give it the gas and boy does it back fire.I put it in the shop last summer and they said they put a new cam sensor in it. It ran fine the few short trips I took on it before I put it up for winter.Now that Ive pulled it back out it seems like its got the same problem all over again the only differance is the battery is very weak in it, but I got it to start never the less. Can a weak battery cause it to act like this?or am I gonna take another trip back to the bike shop? It also has new plugs and wires we pulled the plug wires with it running both wires killed the moter so we dident get any idieas from that.. Any Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
A low battery will absolutely act like a fouled plug. Have you checked the charging system? Another potential problem I have seen is some of the spark plug/head bolt covers (one piece), that will drop your spark to ground intermittently. If you have a set of these it would be worth removing them to check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts