V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I went out on the annual toy for tots run in Chicago.The bike started and ran great on the way down.Well just as I get to the beginning,my plug fouls.I had to ride home on half an engine.Yes.I held a sign that said GOT SPARK PLUG? and a couple guys stopped but nobody had what I needed.It has been really cold lately.I changed the spark plug today...both of them.Now it is misfiriring....the rear engine is not hittin like it should.I run a velocity stack and wonder with the snow and ice could it have sucked some in and now this is happening???I spent an hour cleaning her and now I might have to take her in.I checked the cylinders for compression and the spark for spark and all is well.I will post a pic of my custom.Thanks
Daniel

·
Registered
487 Posts
hope you didn't hurt it to bad i have seen many come back with torched valves & piston going on that run with the weather we have had temp wise with a open stack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thannks for the input.I hope nothing is seriously wrong.I am having my mechanic pic her up tommorow.The first thing I do after I fix the problem is get rid of that stack and put a real air cleaner on there. I am having trouble resizing my pictures

1 - 4 of 4 Posts