V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back home from playing in the desert with some extra money. I have decided not to buy a new gun but spend it on the bike. I have about $1K left over and can't decide what I want to spend it on. The one thing I need to buy is a new set of handle bars. Its either going to be the wild1 513 or the 508's but probably the baby apes.

I have done the 95" kit with big boys heads but have not purchased the 37G cams. I was originaly going to put V&H duals on but have been thinking about a Thunderheader. I won't be able to buy both the cams and exhaust so I don't know which I should buy first? I also want to buy a VPC from Hippo.

Or maybe there is something else I should buy???

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Cams!!!
Also, consider the type of riding you do. If is is agressive mid/high speed riding, get the 37G. If you are a bit more conservative, and spend more time in the lower end, consider the 26G.
But either way....get the cams!!!

BTW...Welcome back, and thank you for your service!

YB

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Cams. Chrome. V&H propipe. Chrome. V&H Duals will rob power, go 2:1. Chrome. SERT/carb work. Chrome. Oh yea, did I mention Chrome?? {salute( {salute( {salute(

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Cams & Pipes

RK05 said:
I'm back home from playing in the desert with some extra money. I have decided not to buy a new gun but spend it on the bike. I have about $1K left over and can't decide what I want to spend it on. The one thing I need to buy is a new set of handle bars. Its either going to be the wild1 513 or the 508's but probably the baby apes.

I have done the 95" kit with big boys heads but have not purchased the 37G cams. I was originaly going to put V&H duals on but have been thinking about a Thunderheader. I won't be able to buy both the cams and exhaust so I don't know which I should buy first? I also want to buy a VPC from Hippo.

Or maybe there is something else I should buy???
Welcome back....If you are able to wrench yourself get the cams from Steve at GMR and do some internet shopping for pipes. Could do both CAMS and PIPES if you really shop for the pipes, Steve will give you a great deal on the cams.
{salute(

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not military

Sorry, I'm not in the military. I build IR cameras for them though and was doing missile test out in Nevada all last month.

I had the motor set up for the 37G's since that is the type of riding I do. I'm leaning towards the cams and the VPC and then I should have enough to still buy the handle bars.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Cams and Heads.

If there's any loot left over. My bike could use:
1. chrome footboard covers
2. chrome switches
3. chrome cassings
4. chrome to cover my chrome stuff.

oh...let me know if the list is getting a bit long :Banadance

·
banal
486 Posts
I vote for the 513's. I have tried many on my FLHR: stock, heritage bars, RK high bars, and 518 RKII bars. I am 6' even and find the baby apes to be the best looking (by far), most comfortable, and the best handling bars. I absolutely love mine. Also I find them to be very well suited with a Corbin seat. Don't forget to post back if you get them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have to ask,

what exhaust to you currently have?

If you get the cams and do not have a free flowing A/C and/or exhaust, you may not get the flow that is needed with the heads and new cams. I am assuming the 95 kit had the SE A/C.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going out this Saturday and buying the baby apes. After riding a friends RK with 12" apes I think the 8" will be perfict.

alperin1, I currently have stock head pipes with Wild pigs slip ons. I have the arlen Ness AC unit. I was originaly going to buy true dual headers but have recently been thinking about the ThunderHeader.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Go get some cams and do the exhaust later.

As you may already have read and know, the ThunderHeader will give the better performance.

I am breaking in a new build and will be going with a 2-1 exhaust in the near future. I do not race or anything just want to have the extra power.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
alperin1 said:
Go get some cams and do the exhaust later.

As you may already have read and know, the ThunderHeader will give the better performance.

I am breaking in a new build and will be going with a 2-1 exhaust in the near future. I do not race or anything just want to have the extra power.
@gree:
Yup! And just wait till you hear that roar when you twist the wick. Wooooow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts