V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my oils in all three holes. After I was done I started it and came with a Miss. I used a fram oil filter that parts store said it the right one. Now this bikes vibration is so bad looks like the motors is going to bounce out of frame. I checked front mount it was setting on frame I watch and put some washers behind bolts and it seem like I had it but when I rolled out shop it started again but this time it was worse. I order front and rear mounts I'm hopeing after I get them in and let motor run 20 second then thighten them to o spects it will stop the reason I went to mounts because shop said it was the front mount. On way home I put my foot on the foot brake paddle and I could feel a bad bumping in the paddle. Like a hammering. Can someone please give me a hand or tell me what to do. It only started after oil change I believe my floor jack was on motor and bent something or the oil filter is bad I change plugs no change. It's rocking in the frame the motor that is. I can get on it she will go to the moon so much power I took out the rear mount today it looked new but the front one didn't look to good on top you can see it was hitting and I did what it said do file off top and like I said cranked it up run fine until after about five mins then to hell it went banging virbuation anybody tell me anything everything in rear of bike is tight I've checked everything here's two pictures the first is the way it looked when I took out the front mount

·
Registered
2004 FLHTI
739 Posts
A simple oil change shouldn't cause the issues you describe. What kind of fluids did you use? Why did you have a jack under it to change oil? Did you have the jack on the bottom of the crankcase? Get under there and see if you damaged the crankcase. Did you pull the engine forward with a ratchet strap while running then tightening down the front mount? If you didn't there could be slack where the tranny connects to the frame in some models. You didn't say what kind of bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry its a 2007 dyna lowrider i jacked it under the frame. The oil was 20x50 full synthetic lucas oil fram filter now when i replaced the mounts i let both mounts lose then crank it up for 10 seconds then cut it off went to the back tighten then up to Manuel specs then i went to front i had space in between mount and block i then did as showned on here i took some washers put them to make up the space and the it wouldnt pull motor forward. I took out the plugs change them set them at 40 from harley. Davidson. But what i did was it said swtich plug wires at coil to see if i had fire i did but put the damn wrong wire wrong place turn it over boom back fired i knew then what i had done i change them back cranked RIGHT up still missing. At one time i was wondering about two things oil filter and oil might be to thick or filter oil not going threw it because the headers are glowing red. Or my exhaust gaskets was leaking we put new gaskets in no good found out the vince hines someone put on my bike wasnt made for my bike so. I don't think there's leaking now but this is all i done. No i didnt jack up motor on oil pan i jacked it on fram i have a full bike jack i put a board on top and then Jack it up. I pulled the rear plug out and the top of the plug keep falling off the tip but maybe its the wires or coil i haven't a clue i guess i don't have no choice thank you for what are trying to do help me Bless you i was wondering about the 02 sinser iff as many times the was unplug ok thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts