V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

At the beginning of March I will leave Montreal with my truck and my trailer my bike to Florida for a month.
I would like if you could tell me or I could leave my truck in a safe place for a month to continue my trip to Florida on my Harley?
I wonder from where the temperature would be good to take my bike.
Are what I have to leave my truck in North Carolina or Virginia in the month of March?

Thank you for helping me prepare for my trip.

·
Premium Member
4,790 Posts
Well, if you come down through Detriot, you can park it at my workplace and I would keep an eye on it. I live in Central Indiana. It's a little out of your way but, if you don't get a better offer, let me know and I'll help you out.

·
Registered
571 Posts
You want to be about 100 miles SOUTH of Orlando (near Melbourne on the east coast) for the weather to be really warm. Up by Daytona and Jacksonville it's still very cold in March even for Canadians. Pick a town where you want to begin your cruise and find a U-Store It. It will cost you about $50 to store your vehicle behind a security gate and chain link fence.
I know Canadians are , ahem, very, very frugal, but don't look for free lunch South of the Border.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Florida is about a 10 hour ride from me here in Virginia, but we still get some snow here around that time, I'd look a little further south, but I do have a place if you need it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello

Florida is about a 10 hour ride from me here in Virginia, but we still get some snow here around that time, I'd look a little further south, but I do have a place if you need it.

Thank you for your reponce ... Are you a paramedic? Unfortunately, your nick name reminds me of that. I look at the possibility of by the month of March which is offered to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts