V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a Electra Glide Classic next year.
Hope to know what I want on it by then..
I know I want Stage I with a remap.
Now to the Problem.. I want a different exhaust but..
I go to work at 4 am.. I want the bike to sound and perform like a harley.
But don't want to piss:badmood: the neighbors off..

Am thing of either fatcat 2 into one.. Too loud??
or
Screamin Eagle Pro 2 into 1
or
Screamin Eagle Pro Performance Mufflers 65116-98A

Thanks guys in advance:thanks:

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Here's another consideration: what kind of riding do you intend to do with the new scooter? If you are cruising from bar to bar, you may like something with a little more bark to it. You may just have to wake up the neighbors when you leave in the morning. It happens.

But, if you are going for long cruises, you may get pretty sick of the drone and ringing in your ears after awhile. I am an old duffer, well past trying to impress chicks as I cruise the boulevard. My hearing is already partially shot. I find loud pipes fatigue me on the bike quicker than quieter pipes. I put HD Touring Mufflers on my '05 Road King. Sometimes I wish they were a little more impressive. However, when I'm on my scoot for more than a 30 minute ride, I'm content with what I have.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Supertrapp 2:1 just flat works. I don't know why it does not get more accolades (sp?) but it is quiet when need be and barks when the throttle is twisted. Nice mellow rumble at cruise. Can be adjusted to your particular tastes and consistantly does well in exhaust comparision HP shoot outs. I might be the odd man out but I think 2:1 looks best especially cleans up the left side of the bike.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
fullsac!

There are a lot of recored stock bagger mufflers on E-bay but there are a few around here that went with Fullsac they pick the core based on your build, you send them your stock mufflers and they send em back to you. Quiet at idle and cruise but bark when you twist the wrist. The SE Perfs are a bit loud during long trips.

I just ordered mine after talking to the folks who had them around here. If you hang out here long enough you'll learn that this sort of a modaholics self help group...Hello my name is Joe and I've got a modding problem...:chopper:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts