V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Screaming Eagle FL 103 with the SERT tuner, S&S 585 gear to gear cams, HD screaming eagle slip on mufflers. I cannot seem to find a map that lets this bike run well, it is burning very lean! I have tried modifying the map several times, with no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
It has flat top pistons by the way.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Ray...this lean-ness seems to be the trend for the SERT Tuning Cals...ie "canned maps". Without some sort of on board AFR measuring device...it's a crap shoot at best. Measuring devices being a TMAT, DTT w/b system, WEGO IID or a Dyno with proper AFR measurement capabilities.

The SERT really shines when tuned by a competent tune tuner with a load cell Dyno with good AFR sniffing capabilities...to include a thorough tune in the part throttle areas...not just the WOT areas.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sert...good.....big Pain To Tune.....

I agree ,SERT is a good product...
It just takes a lot of time nto get it DIALED IN RIGHT...the way it works you can NOT LIVE TUNE ...you must run the bike trough ALL rpms and ALL TPs...take notes...shut it down ...modify the map...send the changes to the ECM...run it again...take notes...work map again...send it to ECM....
do this 2-4 times to get it RIGHT...
It takes me 3-4 hours to tune a SERT...$300-$400...A PC I get $175 and the customer is down the road...
Good Luck
Steve The Dyno Man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts