V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes Black painted/Ceramic coated pipes for my 2002 Night Train?
V&H Black line are only for 2006 and newer and they wont say when they plan on releasing them for older bikes..

·
Premium Member
520 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
d and d has black as an option. IIRC, its around $40 extra.

supertrapp also has black.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
whatever you want

get what ever pipe you want-just send them out to jet hot coating or their equivalent!

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
jonno said:
Do you have an idea what that will cost and if there is a local NY shop?
get any pipe you want or keep the current pipes if you like them. take it anywhere to get the chrome bead-blasted off. go to any auto parts store and buy a can or two of high-temp ceramic manifold paint. comes in many colors including flat black. it will smoke the first time you drive it. looks good, doesn't peel off, easy to touch up.
I met a guy who painted his fenders and gas tank flat black with this stuff. small cost, easy to keep looking fresh.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pipe finding....

You can put on any set of pipes from 86-08 Softails and they all will work. If you buy the new style 2007 up Softail pipes that have O2 sensor holes all you will have to do is plug the pipes with O2 sensor plug.Or you can add O2 sensors but why do that....

I work at a HD dealership and we are putting pipes from 07's on eariler bikes or Older bikes pipes on 07 up's all you have to do it have it work is the right mountig set up which all are the same minus Dyna and Sportster pipes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts