V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve ridden off and on since I was 16, I’m 58 now, but the last 25 or so years I haven’t had a bike. So this June, I decided it was time again and picked up an 01 FLHTCUI.

the previous owner didn’t really know much about the bike, it’s past maintenance or changes, he basically rode it a handle full of times during the two years he had it for things like taking his wife to dinner or when a few of his friends got together he would do a day ride with them. So, I recently found out that there had been a stage 1 done by someone prior to him buying it.

I figure out the air intake when I went to the local dealer with my air cleaner to match it up for a replacement since everything I had seen on line for it was completely different. Found it had an Arlan Ness intake. So now I’m on the hunt to ID the mufflers.

if anyone know what brand these are and maybe a little personal history/experience that you might have with them, I'd be very grateful.

thanks in advance
Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Wheel
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just googled that, I believe your right.

just not really a fan of that oval “eyeball” look it has going on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reading on these a little more, these are the ones that make all the small import cars sound like a fart can 🤬

okay, now taking recommendations on better slip on mufflers.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
u can shim the plates to get more flow out with flat washers in between them...and dial it in that way...gets louder tho...or add more plates...the sucker method!....use some antiseize so you dont strip the screw holes in the alum base and not overtighten or they will strip out...ask me how i know!....not a bad budget pipe...same pipe as the nightstick

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
oh not sure if you have the end cap on...removed it will be overkill and louder...loudest and prob not a desireable setting

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hmmm, I actually like the sound of the S&S Grand Nationals, and I think my neighbors do when I come home at midnight every night.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
I’ve ridden off and on since I was 16, I’m 58 now, but the last 25 or so years I haven’t had a bike. So this June, I decided it was time again and picked up an 01 FLHTCUI.

the previous owner didn’t really know much about the bike, it’s past maintenance or changes, he basically rode it a handle full of times during the two years he had it for things like taking his wife to dinner or when a few of his friends got together he would do a day ride with them. So, I recently found out that there had been a stage 1 done by someone prior to him buying it.

I figure out the air intake when I went to the local dealer with my air cleaner to match it up for a replacement since everything I had seen on line for it was completely different. Found it had an Arlan Ness intake. So now I’m on the hunt to ID the mufflers.

if anyone know what brand these are and maybe a little personal history/experience that you might have with them, I'd be very grateful.

thanks in advance View attachment 270948 View attachment 270949
They are white brothers e series mufflers they are discontinued

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh not sure if you have the end cap on...removed it will be overkill and louder...loudest and prob not a desireable setting
after looking at them online and comparing to what I have, no end caps
They are white brothers e series mufflers they are discontinued
White brothers? Never heard of the brand, but as I said, I’ve been away from cycles for a while. Will google them as well and catch up on what I missed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after looking at them online and comparing to what I have, no end caps

White brothers? Never heard of the brand, but as I said, I’ve been away from cycles for a while. Will google them as well and catch up on what I missed.
The white brothers elliptic megaphone matches perfectly, but all the white mufflers I saw are pretty well branded, mine are straight nondescript chrome, but I imagine a fella could peal a sticker off if he wanted to

1 - 11 of 11 Posts