V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kinda embarassing...I cannot locate the fuel injectors on my 2006 Ultra. I'm trying to see what part number they are. Are they covered with a boot? Or are they just staring me in the face? The H-D service bulletin says stand on the left side of the bike & the part # can be easily read on the rear injector with the aid of a flashlight. OK, i tried this and even was down on the floor moving like a snake & could fnd nothing. +SMSH+
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Look directly behind the horn. They set between the cylinder heads. Follow the fuel line, it plugs into fuel manifold that feeds front and rear injectors.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it, Thanks! I had been looking at the right spot, right at the the injectors, but the part # was not on the side, but more toward the front of the injector and hard to see. The bike was manufacured Jan 2006 & has the old style injectors.
So, according to the service bulletin this could explain why it does not run smoothly & takes several tries to start. I have already had the 95" build so hopefully the dealership will replace the injectors.
THANKS again for the help!

·
Road Hawg
146 Posts
KRATC,

I am just about to buy a new 2006 Electra Glide Classic. What service bulletin# is it, and where can I read it? I want to make sure I get the right stuff.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I met with the service rep at the dealership that did my 95" build He told me he had not seen the service bulletin & in fact just last week had spent 2 days with the H-D tech folks & not one word was mentioned about 2006 injector issues/problems.
He went online to the H-D site & pulled up the service bulletin. After reading it he ordered a set of CVO 25* injectors for my bike!! :Banadance :banana:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts