V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a chrome or braided vent line to replace the rubber vent line from the crank case to the tranny on an '01 Road King. Many vendors have a fix for '02 and later but not '01. Purchased a Russell chrome vent line that "kit includes all necessary fittings" but it does NOT come with everything needed. They forgot to mention that you need a 90 degree chrome elbow with 1/4 NPT on one end and a 3/8 barb on the other end.

Suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Drag Specialties lists part#0711-0082 for 99-01 FLHR. It is a Russell line, so not sure if this is the one you are having a problem with. The 02-06 part # is 1204-0031. Otherwise, HD #33111-02 will work with the additional purchase of chrome oil filler spout #62470-02...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Drag Specialties part # you reference is Russell part #R50030, yes, they are the same. The HD #'s you reference are all for '02 and later.

Appreciate the feedback though!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problem with the Russell part. However, if you want to spend the extra money for chrome oil filler spout HD#62470-02, then vent line 33111-02 will work on touring models from 99-present. At least that's what the catalog says.

·
Registered
83 Posts
H-D has an update kit to make yours like the 2002 and up. I did it to my 2001 FLHTCI I would check your dealer as I remember it cost about 75 bucks. I have the part number at home if you need it. Check the http://www.harleyhog.co.uk/ website it list most all of the service bulletins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts