V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1982 FXRS and 2003 FLHR
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having WAY too difficult of a time finding a clutch release arm that does NOT convert the cable routing from the right side of the engine to the left.

The only arms I can find whether by themselves or part of a kit all are for running the cable on the left side of the engine.

I liked how the cable guide is threaded, but when I went to install the guide and arm, on 1982 FXRS the solenoid makes it impossible, even though EVERY place that sells these list 1982-83 FXRS Super Glide Low Rider among the bikes it fits.

It's not even close.

One place said to use O.E.M. 38599-83a clutch cable that doesn't look any different from my 38599-80b and certainly won't allow it to go around the solenoid.

The only arm I can find anywhere is the heavily bent to the left arm, not the straight arm.

I'd appreciate any heads up on where to find a straight, chrome release arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
124 Posts
This is the stock setup on my 82 FXR. Yours is straight?

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
I have both sets,, the short one that came stock on the 82 fxrs,, and the one with the long arm..
I don't need them,, they are original.oem harley partd.off.my.82 fxrs..there will be a rehoming/adoption fee.applied...

·
Registered
1982 FXRS and 2003 FLHR
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the stock setup on my 82 FXR. Yours is straight?

View attachment 268912
That's EXACTLY like mine. You wouldn't happen to have one that doesn't have the square wobbled out that you want to sell? I can't find these anywhere and there's no chance on using the one that routes the cable on the left of the engine, I can't even get the cable guide to line up with the holes without hitting the solenoid.

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
124 Posts
No, I only have the one. Sorry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts