V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 05 Fxdwg Runs Vibration On Accl A Little Bit Did A (map) (ckp) Plugs Wires Bat Is At 12.8 Alt At 14.2 Help ALSO STAGE 1 WITH SE SLIP ON NOT SOUNDING KRISP ANYMORE

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
JGHOG said:
I Have A 05 Fxdwg Runs Vibration On Accl A Little Bit Did A (map) (ckp) Plugs Wires Bat Is At 9.8 Alt At 14.2 Help ALSO STAGE 1 WITH SE SLIP ON NOT SOUNDING KRISP ANYMORE
While I realize that you have given us a wealth of information to work with here, could you perhaps go into a little bit deeper detail?
Please turn the "Gibberish Lock" key off so it is easier to read.

·
Twist it, pop it, burn it
161 Posts
we need a translation...Berserker where you at dude??

·
161 Posts
before you dump the battery, check all connections and clean your grounds etc.

·
161 Posts
I repeat...
before you dump the battery, check all connections and clean your grounds etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Went Over All Connections Seems To Be Ok Is It Posible That The Engine Temp Sensor Is Bad

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
bigjailerman said:
we need a translation...Berserker where you at dude??
I am so used to ignoring the fibs.

I don't think 12.8 with the bike off, is bad.

FI may be more sensitive.

One good question is what is the order of thigns happening.

Was it running fine with new map, new plugs, or whatever? Did this happen after any changes, even something that doesn't seem likely to cause this.

I new to FI. You could buy the electric manual and see what it says for testing sensors.

If you got a laptop hook it up in data mode to the SERT, watch the voltage, see if you can keep it in a rpm range where this is happening.

Even if not doing it at idle, you could try it inthe grage to see if anything jumps out. This is cheap and easy thing to do.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
To clarify, initial unedited post showed the battery with 9.8V... hence, my diagnosis of a faulty battery!! 12.8V is nothing to worry about.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Says 12.8 now, so which is it? Even at 9.8 check connections, and atleast try charging it once.

Battery is not old, but how often does it get road, and how far.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Otto is in/near Carol Stream, I think. If you don't figure it out, go see him. He as a rep as top notch.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Ya think th guy who had the problem, would reply to people trying to help him. Otherwise why ask?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Bike Was Runing Great Then Started Running Irregularly Changed The Mapsensor Ran Good For A Week Same Thang Happend So I Did A Ckp Sensor Now It Runs BUT NOT AS GOOD AS BEFORE THIS ALL HAPPENED FLAT SOUND OUT OF PIPES NOT KRISP AND SOME POPING ON DESELL IT ALL MOST SEEMS TO RUN LIKE THE BIKE WAS HOT BUT ITS NOT ALSO SOME VIBRATION WHEN ACCELLOATING I RIDE THE BIKE MIN OF 100 MILES A WEEK

1 - 17 of 17 Posts