V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just adding my new chrome cylinder bridgecovers and accidently broke the rear sparkplug...

Ughh!!!

No dealerships open till Monday...today is Saturday...

Are there alternatives to the Harley plugs at a Auto place that carries motorcycle stuff?? i wanna' ride tomorrow...

Bucket...

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
You can use champion or others, they should be able to cross reference it for you. Someone here probably has the plug numbers........relax. I always keep a spare set and 4-8 quarts of oil, couple of filters. I replace them as I use them. If it is sunday or something and I need an oil change, I have everything without having to really plan ahead.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I used to have a bookmark for cross referanceing sparkplugs, but can't find it now......maybe someone will come through with specific suggestions. Sorry...

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
RA8HC Champion is the exact same plug that came with the TC's, NAPA carries them around here.

Goldwing plugs work fine and H dealers are open on sundays around here
NGK DPR7E, only difference is that the hex is 18mm instead of 5/8", dirtbike shops also have them as it is a real common plug.
The DCPR7E which is the exact equivalent is very hard to find on weekends.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses....

I went up to Discount Auto Parts just after posting my "SOS".

They actually had the Autolites that worked, gapped 'em and threw 'em in.

I'm taking everyone's advice here...extra everything needs to be in my garage...plugs, oil, filters, etc...

Got all my new fun stuff on, on now can go for a ride today...

Thanks again...

Bucket...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just go to Napa Auto Parts they have them.

·
self banned
5,978 Posts
I think 07 STREETGLIDE is just trying to get out of FNG status by making comments on every old thread he can find...

rkc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts